A 10-step skincare regimen may seem a little excessive for most people, but the Korean glass-like skin trend seems to be a trend that is here to stay. Skin that’s almost too good to be true, porcelain, poreless and hyper-glossy may not be something you ever thought possible. Perhaps with great makeup skills and a good highlighter you could cheat your way into looking like a dewy dumpling but you would probably secretly want to radiate that glossy glow actually without makeup.
Hydration is the only way to get your complexion to glow from the inside out. This means you are going to need to drive things up a notch in the hydration department. Drink a lot of water, swap your existing products for ones that are all about the glow. Look for skincare and makeup with ingredients like hyaluronic acid, aloe vera and glycerine. If your skin is on the dry side of the spectrum, a night treatment with oil as an ingredient can actually get you closer to that radiance that Gwyneth Paltrow always seems to have. And for days when you feel a little low on glow and life, there’s always highlighter.
Here’s a more realistic version of that overwhelming Korean skincare routine:
- Cleanse your skin thoroughly. We’d recommend a double cleanse because of all the pollution we are constantly exposed to. Start with the Lakmé Deep Cleanser Cleansing Milk to breakdown all the makeup, dust and pollution trapped in your skin and then double cleanse using a mild face wash like the Lakmé Blush & Glow Strawberry Gel Face Wash.
- Pat on a lightweight serum like the Lakmé Absolute Skin Gloss Reflection Serum and give it 5 minutes to sink in before you follow it up with a moisturiser.
- If you want to simply look fresh, use a glow-boosting moisturiser like the Lakmé Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Crème. For a more luminous glow, choose an overnight mask that will ensure a plum and luminous skin in the morning. The Lakmé Absolute Skin Gloss Overnight Mask will replenish any lost moisture while you get your beauty sleep.
- If you suffer from dry, dull skin, argan oil will nourish and revitalize you, bringing back a youthful and fresh radiance. You might find the Lakmé Absolute Argan Oil Radiance Overnight Oil-in-Serum topped off with the Lakmé Absolute Argan Oil Radiance Oil-in-Crème taking up permanent residency status on your nightstand.
- Hydration at every step in your routine will give you that luminous complexion you have been longing for but not really gotten around to doing anything about. Use the Lakmé Absolute Illuminating Foundation and sweep a little bit of the Lakmé Absolute Highlighter on your cheekbones. The duo will give your skin a most natural looking glow.